Course Booking & Payment
- It is the customer’s responsibility to check that the course is suitable for delegate(s) training needs.
- Full confirmation with start date, times and directions will be emailed to the customer at least 5 working days before the course start date.
- Payment is due within thirty days of the invoice issue date. Bookings will not be confirmed unless a method of payment is agreed in advance- PO number, cheque or an invoice issued directly to the customer. If a purchase order number is required by the company then it is the company’s/attendee’s responsibility to ensure this is sent to First Polymer Training.
- Course fees are inclusive of training manuals, lunch and refreshments for the duration of each course.
- FPT should be advised of any special delegate needs (e.g. disability, diet, reading difficulties) 5 days prior to the course start date.
- If for any reason you cannot attend a course you have booked, you will still be invoiced in the normal way, but you will receive a 100% credit towards a place on the next course. There is no time limit on this, so your money is never lost. Please be sure to let us know as soon as possible if you cannot attend a course you have confirmed. This policy applies to any cancellations received up to 10 working days before the course starts.
- No refund or credit will be given to any cancellations made within 10 working days or less before start date of the course. FPT reserves the right to cancel any courses in the event of insufficient bookings.
- A delegate who wishes to send another person in their place should give notice of the new delegate’s name at least 24 hours in advance of the course starting.
- The course booking may be changed to another candidate in the same company at any stage prior to the start of the course, please ensure to inform us if you need to change the delegate attending.
- FPT reserves the right to cancel or amend the arrangements for any course.
Health and Safety
- Delegates attending our courses must comply with safety procedures covered at the start of each course. FPT seek to achieve the highest standards in health, safety and the environment and anticipates that their delegates will assist in achieving these objectives.
- Safety shoes and safety glasses are compulsory in the process hall, should the training involve practical work in the process hall. Participants are asked to bring their own safety shoes each day of the training programme. Safety glasses will be provided. This doesn’t apply to classroom based courses. If you are unsure if you need safety shoes for the course you are attending, please look at the course description on our website www.firstpolymer.com or contact us.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn during our practical training courses. Scarves, ties, pull strings clothing etc & jewellery are not allowed. Long hair must be tied back.
- First polymer training reserve the right to ask a participant to leave a course for any reason which the trainer may fee impacts on the health and safety of themselves or others on the course. E.g. aggressive or abusive and/or if they are under the influence of an intoxicant.
- Any participants on prescribed medication that may cause drowsiness are asked to inform the trainer.
- If a participant is pregnant, FPT would like to be informed so we can ensure her health and safety, while on our course.
Special Note: Funding
- Please note our training programmes are subsidised using Skillnets funding. If you are already in receipt of other sources of public or grant funding for training (such as Enterprise Ireland, IDA, Udaras na Gaeltachta etc.….) you cannot pay for any of our training courses using these funds. We can only accept payment from private enterprise sources.
- Please tick the box to confirm you will not be paying from any other public grant funding source on your booking form.
- Mobile numbers are requested to send each trainee a text reminder about the course booked. It may also be used to contact the trainee if they do not arrive as expected on a course. It is not disclosed to any third party*Email addresses
- Email addresses are used to send full course joining instructions and also for a brief follow-up evaluation issued about 4 – 6 weeks after a course finishes. This short evaluation is to see how the trainee is implementing what they have learned in the workplace from the trainee and supervisor/manager’s perspective. Trainee email addresses are automatically added to our database. Email addresses are not disclosed to any third party**Mobile numbers and email addresses are also only used as part of a quality assurance process where a small sample of trainees may get a phonecall/email/survey from Skillnets Ireland Ltd (who funds the First Polymer Training Network) or appointed auditor to ask about the quality of a course attended or experience with the First Polymer Training network.
- Trainees will be asked to opt in to receive updates on our course. They can also opt- out at any time.