Course Dates13th May, 2019 - 14th May, 2019 (2 days)
Cost: €795 inclusive of course manual, lunch, and refreshments.
Process Analysis and Control using Minitab
The ability to analyse and control variation is an essential requirement in injection moulding. This two-day workshop aims to give participants a solid grounding in data collection, graphing and basic analysis techniques. Participants will be introduced to the statistical software application, Minitab and will learn when and where to use analysis techniques in order to aid decision making. Cordatus consultants are experienced in the training and coaching of personnel, in the injection moulding, medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, in the use of Minitab for the statistical measurement, analysis and control of process problems.
- Learning Objective and Deliverables
At the end of the course attendees will:
- Understand data types and the importance of appropriate data collection methods;
- Understand the importance of validating measurement systems;
- Understand how to assess the statistical influence one or more input variables may have on an output variable;
- Understand short run variable control chart techniques;
- Understand when and where each statistical tool is best applied, and
- Be able to use Minitab (or similar application) as an everyday tool in support of data analysis.
Cordatus will supply 4 – 5 laptops with Minitab preloaded and attendees will work in pairs at each laptop. The course is outlined in the agenda below.
- Data types
- Data collection
- Measurement Systems Analysis – variable data
- Graphing techniques
- Run, Pareto, Histogram, Boxplot
- Descriptive statistics: location & spread & the normal distribution
17.00 Review & Close
- Correlation & simple linear regression
- Correlation & causation
- Multivari analysis
- Statistical Process Control
- variable control charts
- attribute control charts
17.00 Review & Close
Who should attend?
The course is designed for those with a basic working knowledge of statistics, and who need to use data collection & analysis methods on a regular basis in the workplace.
2 day course 9.15 am – 5.00 pm each day
The successful completion of this programme by the learner does not lead to an award, but a certificate of attendance is issued to each participant.
Safety Shoes – Not Required on this course