First Polymer Training Skillnet is delighted to host the ARBURG Anniversary Event Ireland on Thursday 7th September in Athlone.
Delivered in partnership with Arburg Limited, Gunther UK Limited, Ultrapolymers Limited, Applied Polymer Technologies (APT), Contura Mold Temperature Control and PlastikCity UK, this unique event will explore the hot topics of the Irish plastics industry, with a host of presentations and discussions focusing on improving sustainability, better energy efficiency, embracing digitalisation and maximising your OEE.
- Expert presentations delivered by ARBURG and selected industry partners.
- Dr Robin Kent is the day’s keynote speaker and we have a limited amount of signed copies of his book “Sustainability Management in Plastics Processing”, recently published in collaboration with the BPF. Register early to increase your chances of taking home one of the books!
- Technology highlights: electric ALLROUNDER 370 A on display, including GESTICA controller.
- Complimentary lunch and refreshments for all attendees
- Plenty of opportunities throughout the day to socialise, network, and tour the First Polymer Training (FPT) facility.
- For guests travelling further afield, a limited number of rooms at the Hodson Bay Hotel are available at a preferential rate. We will be hosting a relaxed evening of food and drink on Wednesday 6th September. Please indicate your interest on the registration form and we will contact you to confirm.
The event is open to all within the injection moulding sector; being an ARBURG customer or having had previous contact with ARBURG is not a requirement for attendance.
This is a free event but registration is essential to secure your place. Please follow this link.
Itinerary (subject to change)
Wednesday 6th September
Hodson Bay Hotel – evening dinner and drinks hosted by ARBURG Ltd and Partners.
Thursday 7th September
From 08:15 – Registration and coffee/tour exhibits.
Welcome from ARBURG and FPT.
Presentation – FPT: Opportunities with First Polymer Training Skillnet.
Presentation – ARBURG: Sustainability goals and their impact on the future of the medical manufacturing industry.
Keynote – Dr Robin Kent: Sustainability – It is not what you think it is!
12.00 – 13.00 – Lunch.
From 13:00 – Presentation – Günther: Energy-efficient hot runner systems for technical applications.
Presentation – Contura MTC: Better, faster and more sustainable injection moulding by intelligent conformal cooling.
Presentation – Ultrapolymers: The double-edged sword: Plastic use and sustainability challenges in healthcare.
Presentation – APT: Engaging with Applied Polymer Technologies (APT) Gateway and available funding.