This programme is designed to provide a detailed understanding of the business continuity planning process in developing risk mitigation plans to reduce negative business impact plus identifying the risks of the Interdependencies between the various business areas and functions.
Who is the course for
- Personnel planning business continuity planning activities.
- Senior Business Managers
- Senior Site Managers
- Understand in depth business continuity planning activities
- Understand risk control tools
- Understand Business impact Analysis from different company and customer viewpoints
- Understand Optimal Balance between Cost of Disruption and Cost of Recovery
- Understand key Recovery Time objectives
- Understand Impact Criticality
- Understand Strategic approaches to mitigate risk
Module 1. Business Continuity Planning review – Economic Crisis, Physical Crisis, Personnel Crisis, Criminal Crisis, Information Crisis, Reputation Crisis, Natural disasters
Module 2. Current challenges for Business survival – Covid 19 and Brexit
Module 3. Adoption of Risk based thinking – Review of Risk in the ISO 22301
Module 4. Understand the current forces acting on the business – Context – PESTEL and Porters 5 Forces
Module 5. Understand the key business processes to keep the business operational- Business Impact Analysis (BIA), determining your Recovery Time Objective (RTO), Work Recovery Time (WRT) and Maximum Tolerable Down Time (MTD) or (MTO)
Determining Criticality Categories – Functions
Module 6. Review risk control tools. – FMEA
Module 7. Understand failure modes that can affect supply distribution to your customers.
Module 8. Documentation and agreement of plan – scope, roles and responsibilities, BCM Objectives, Operation and Performance evaluation
Module 9. Establishing and implementing business continuity procedures
Module 10. Testing worst case scenarios – Does your plan work.
TP Lowry has over thirty years in medical device and pharma industries working as Analyst, Engineer, Quality Manager to Operations Director. Consultant for the past sixteen years.MBA , Doctor of Quality Management