To be verified
Duration: 1 Day
Accreditation: Certificate of Attendance
Full Fee: €395 per person including course manual, lunch and refreshments
Book your place NOW - places are limited
This course covers the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Piezoelectric Measurement
- Sensor selection and positioning
- Charge amplifiers operation
- General fault finding/sensors, cable, connector handling/care
- ComoNeo – Installation/system set up
- ComoNeo – Mould set up / Evaluation set up
- CoMo DataCenter – set up and data analysis
- Interpreting the pressure trace/process optimisation
- Saving /exporting/importing of reference curves
- Matching reference curves – ComoNeo Process Recovery
- Process control – Switchover & MultiFlow
Safety Shoes – Required on this course
We can deliver a shorter tailored programme at our centre in Athlone for you/ or on-site if you have injection moulding capability there.
Attendees will have a good understanding of Kistler cavity pressure monitoring and control systems. How they work, how to set them up and utilise them to improve injection moulding processes and eliminate reject parts from reaching the end customer.
The participant will:
- Have the knowledge of Injection Moulding Process
- Can interpret cavity pressure curves
- Understands the relationship between cavity pressure curves and mould quality attributes
- Can select suitable measuring and analysis systems for process analysis and production monitoring
- Can commission CoMo Injection system
- Knows the applications and benefits of the CoMo Injection and the CoMo-DataCenter
- Knows hardware and software of the CoMo Injection
- Is capable to install and commission the CoMo Injection hardware
- Is capable to install the CoMo Injection on a network
- Is proficient in setting-up and operating the CoMo Injection
- Is capable to install CoMo-DataCenter
- Is proficient in operating the CoMo-DataCenter
- Understands the principles of hot runner balancing and automatic hot runner balancing with Multiflow.
Who is the course for
This course would be of great benefit to Setters / Technicians / Supervisors / Toolmakers / Process Engineers / Quality Engineers / Production Engineers / Managers
This course will cover :
- The Fundamentals of Injection Moulding, cavity pressure, process optimization and production monitoring with cavity pressure.
- Cavity pressure sensors: selection/positioning/installation.
- Advantages of cavity pressure based monitoring systems
- CoMo Injection monitoring system.
- Hands-on training: Injection Moulding, sensHands-on installation, CoMo Injection, CoMo DataCenter
- Process know-how and interpretation of cavity pressure curves for standard and special processes
- Setting up of complete systems for process analysis and production monitoring analysis.
- In-depth hands-on training and application of CoMo Injection including network operation and CoMo DataCenter
- Introduction to hot runner balancing and automatic hot runner balancing with Multiflow.
With over 25 years of practical experience within the Plastics Industry, Duncan Webster has in-depth knowledge of a wide range of materials and processes from short-run prototyping through to high volume automated production. Since 2008, he has provided technical support for Kistler Instruments’ injection moulding cavity pressure monitoring systems from pre-installation specification and initial installation to training, operational advice, and ongoing support.
Kistler Instruments’ cavity pressure monitoring systems are widely used by injection moulders supplying industry sectors, from aerospace and automotive to medical device manufacturers, where quality is critical.