This 6 hour training program is designed for new injection moulding industry employees and others who wish to understand the injection moulding process. The course will cover the most important aspects of injection moulding and give an overview of plastic materials, the injection mould and basic part design guidelines to allow participants the understanding to communicate effectively with other moulding technical staff.
Who is the course for
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to understand the injection moulding process but will not be setting up moulding machines on a day to day basis. Typically, this includes:
- HR, Sales & Marketing staff, Sales/Customer Service representatives and Sales Assistants, Buyer/Planners
- Operations Managers, Engineering Managers & Key account Managers
- Process Development
- Supplier Quality Engineers
- Supply Chain Coordinators
After this training participants will be able to
- List the steps in the moulding cycle and explain what each stage is for
- Describe what each injection unit setting does
- List the major components of the feed system of an injection mould – (sprue, runners, gates).
- Describe the root cause and solutions to common moulding defects
- General overview of injection moulding machines
- The moulding cycle – explanation of each stage in the cycle and what each injection unit setting setting does
Basic overview of injection moulds
- Common moulding defects – issues with machine settings/ material handling/ part designs etc
- Case studies
Steve O’Leary has delivered training in Injection Moulding for First Polymer Training since 2000, initially joining FPT Skillnet as the Training Center Manager. Previous to this he worked as an Extrusion/ Injection Moulding Engineer with Boston Scientific in Galway, Extrusion Technician and Extrusion Supervisor with Sherwood Medical in Tullamore (currently Medtronic Tullamore) and as an Injection Moulding Technician with Tubex in Nenagh, Co. Tipperary. He graduated from Athlone IT having studied Plastics Engineering from 1988 to 1992.