This two-day PLC / SCADA HMI course is designed to focus on the fundamentals of Programmable Logic Controllers and SCADA HMi’s used in the industry.
Recommended Follow-on courses:
On completing the 2 Day PLC & SCADA HMI Course each participant can enrol in the
Who is the course for
The Hands On 2 Day Intro PLC’s and SCADA HMi’s Workshop is designed as an introduction to personnel that wishes to advance their careers in to the world of Industrial Automation.
No prior knowledge of PLCs or SCADA HMis is required. This is a beginners course and all are welcome. The 2 Day PLC& SCADA HMI course assumes that course participants are able to operate a keyboard and have PC computer skills.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Design and Write basic PLC programs and generate SCADA HMI graphics for industrial applications.
- Trouble Shoot hardware & software whilst using PLCs or SCADA HMI graphics.
- Involve participants in workshops, designed to develop their own applications and advance their existing Step 7 programming skills.
- Chapter 1: Introductions
- General Introduction of Myself
- Chapter 2: PLC Hardware
- Central Processing Units.
- Digital Input / Output Modules.
- Analogue Input / Output Modules.
- Power Supplies.
- Chapter 2: PLC Hardware Cont;
- Communications Processors (CP).
- Profibus Modules.
- Remote / Point I/O.
- Ethernet Modules.
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of PLC Software
- Methods of Representation i.e. Ladder Logic (LAD), Statement List (STL), Structured Text (ST), and Flow Block Diagrams (FBD).
- Normally OPEN & CLOSED Contacts
- Create a user program
- AND, OR Logic Function.
- AND Before OR.
- OR Before AND.
- Contacts Normally OPEN & CLOSED.
- Motor Start/Stop Circuit
- Chapter 3: Projects.
- Setup a Threebay Horse Shed.
- Domestic Hot Water System for a house.
- Chapter 4: Timer’s
- Pulse Timer.
On Delay Timer.
Off Delay Timer.
- Explain the Timing diagrams.
7 Day Weekly Timer.
- Chapter 4: Timer’s Cont;
- Enchane the Threebay Horse shed with Automatic features.
Enchance the Domestic Hot Water System with Automatic Features.
Pump Monitoring System.
- Chapter 5: SCADA / HMi’s
- Setup communiucations between a PLC and a HMi over Ethernet.
- Assign both the PLC and the HMi with an IP Address.
- Generate the graphic for a Motor Start / Stop circuit using Function Keys from a HMi.
- Chapter 5: SCADA / HMi’s
- Download both the graphics and the SCADA / HMi software and test it.
- Add additional features onto the graphics e.g. Motor Running Status (On / OFF)
Des has worked in many industries including Pharmaceutical, Power Generation, Oil and Gas, Food and Beverage and Medical Supplies.
He has been responsible for activities ranging from design, program development, testing and commissioning of PLC control systems, to the management of automation projects as a Senior Projects/Automation Engineer.
Qualifications Des has a BSc in Engineering, Dip in EE and Dip in HR.