To be verified
Location: 7 Centre Court, Blyry Business and Commercial Park, Athlone
Accreditation: Certificate of attendance
Full Fee: € 395 per person, inclusive of course manual, lunch, and refreshments.
Introduction to lean tools & techniques: One day workshop
Lean thinking is an approach to employee management, process management and workplace organisation that increases market share through superior customer satisfaction. At the same time costs are reduced as employees seek to continuously make shorter, simpler and safer the processes that deliver value to customers. This interactive and team-based learning workshop introduces key lean concepts. It provides simple and effective tips for increasing customer service in manufacturing, whilst lowering costs.
We can deliver a shorter tailored programme at our centre in Athlone for you/ or on-site if you have injection moulding capability there.
At the end of this one-day workshop, participants will:
- have a common understanding of lean principles;
- understand how lean thinking differs from traditional management thinking, and the extent of the change required in management perspective; approach to customer satisfaction; people management, & process problem solving;
- have an appreciation of relevant performance indicators in a lean environment;
- understand the extent of the effort and support required to implement lean thinking in the organisation, and
- understand the fundamentals of building a successful lean transformation programme
Who is the course for
This workshop is applicable to all personnel in a and organisation undertaking a lean transformation programme, starting with the leadership team and key senior supervisors and specialists. The workshop requires a minimum of 10 participants, and we advise a maximum of 14 participants.
- The 7 wastes & toast video
- Lean history & principles
- The Lean game – round 1
- Improvement activities
- The Lean game – round 2
- Profit/loss review
- The Lean game – round 3
- Profit/loss review
- Lean success factors
- Application of lean tools
- Performance indicators and business development in a lean environment
- Boeing video
- Review & close
Bernadette Rushe, Managing Director Lean Ireland ,BSc Hons (Biochemistry & Maths), Dip SA, CPIM, MSc, ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
Bernie has been involved in the management of supply chain and business process improvement activities for over 30 years. She received her Lean and Six Sigma training at Dell Computer Corporation. In 2001, she left Dell to establish Cordatus Consulting (now trading as Lead Ireland). She specialises in working with senior management teams to develop a vision of organisation competitiveness and a practical roadmap to deliver that vision. Her consulting skills and practical workshops have yielded benefits in the order of several €millions per annum to client companies. She holds a first class honours masters’ degree in supply chain management.
Use this section to give an overview of the trainer provider
Safety Shoes – Not required on this course