Introduction to lean tools & techniques: One day workshop
Lean thinking is an approach to employee management, process management and workplace organisation that increases market share through superior customer satisfaction. At the same time costs are reduced as employees seek to continuously make shorter, simpler and safer the processes that deliver value to customers. This interactive and team-based learning workshop introduces key lean concepts. It provides simple and effective tips for increasing customer service in manufacturing, whilst lowering costs.
We can deliver a shorter tailored programme at our centre in Athlone for you/ or on-site if you have injection moulding capability there.
Who is the course for
This workshop is applicable to all personnel in a and organisation undertaking a lean transformation programme, starting with the leadership team and key senior supervisors and specialists. The workshop requires a minimum of 10 participants, and we advise a maximum of 14 participants.
At the end of this workshop, participants will:
- have a common understanding of lean principles;
- understand how lean thinking differs from traditional management thinking, and the extent of the change required in management perspective;
- have an appreciation of relevant performance indicators in a lean environment;
- understand the extent of the effort and support required to implement lean thinking in the organisation, and
- understand the fundamentals of building a successful lean transformation programme
- The 7 wastes & toast video
- Lean history & principles
- The Lean game – round 1
- Improvement activities
- The Lean game – round 2
- Profit/loss review
- The Lean game – round 3
- Profit/loss review
- Lean success factors
- Application of lean tools
- Performance indicators and business development in a lean environment
- Boeing video
- Review & close
Bernadette Rushe, Managing Director Lean Ireland ,BSc Hons (Biochemistry & Maths), Dip SA, CPIM, MSc, ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
Bernie has been involved in the management of supply chain and business process improvement activities for over 30 years. She received her Lean and Six Sigma training at Dell Computer Corporation, Establishing Cordatus Consulting in 2001 (now Lead Ireland). She specialises in working with senior management teams to develop a vision of organisation competitiveness and a practical roadmap to deliver that vision. She holds a first class honours masters’ degree in supply chain management.