Safety Shoes – Required on this course
Who is the course for
Those working in the medical supply industry, inc, production engineers, product engineers, processing technicians, tool and product design engineers, development engineers, etc.
Participants will learn about:
- FDA Material Requirements
- Other Plastics Materials Inc, Thermoplastic Polyurethanes
- Moulding & processing inc, all-electric machine technology, micro-moulding technology, multi-layer extrusion technology, etc.
– FDA Material Requirements
– Polyolefins inc, material properties, designing and processing with Olefins.
(PP, HDPE, LDPE & related materials)
– Styrinic materials inc, material properties, designing and processing with Styrinics.
(PS, HIPS, SAN, ABS, ASA, K-Resin & related materials)
– PVC based materials inc, plasticisers, stabilisers, fillers, compounding and application technology
– Other Plastics Materials Inc, Thermoplastic Polyurethanes (plus an explanation of TPE technology/material science)
– Polycarbonate and PMMA (Acrylic)
– PTFE based materials and explanation of processing technology
– Multi-Layer material Technology Inc, over-moulding technology, layered extruded materials, etc.
– Moulding & processing inc, all-electric machine technology, micro-moulding technology, multi-layer extrusion technology, etc.
– Assessing processing output natural working variance inc, SPC, causes of output variance, raw material handling, processing trial work and report writing to Expert Witness standard.
– Inspection of new moulded components, explanation of product design, material and processing defects (specific to Olefins and Styrinics in particular).
Peter Cracknell has over 40 years experience in the Plastics Industry. Initially he served his time as an injection mould toolmaker (Metal Box), production engineer (Metal Box), senior production engineer (BOC), senior lecturer (LSPT), academic leader in polymer engineering (LSPT), Consulting engineer.
Expertise: Injection moulded part design, mould tool design, plastic materials, processing trouble shooting, experienced lecturer (30 years), BETC assessor for NVQ in Polymer Engineering, expert witness (30 years experience).
Qualifications: HNC Mechanical & Prod Eng, GradPRI – ALSPT First Class hons. C&G Risk Assessment, BTEC NVQ Assessor