5th December, 2022 - 9th December, 2022 (5 days)
20th February, 2023 - 24th February, 2023 (5 days)
Duration: €1895 for the 7 days includes QQI accreditation, course manual, lunches and refreshments.
Location: 7 Centre Court, Blyry Business and Commercial Park, Athlone.
Accreditation: Programmable Logic Controllers
Full Fee: € 1895 for the 7 days ). Includes QQI accreditation, course manual, lunches, and refreshments.
Course code: 6N537O
The structure of the course will be a 5-day block (Monday – Friday) and then a further 2-day block at a later date to complete the QQI accreditation.
The cost above includes the accreditation and attendance fee for Day 6 & 7.
No discount or refund will be given to participants that do not attend/ complete the 2 further accreditation days.
Who is the course for
This FIVE DAY Allen Bradley PLC course is designed for individuals who are responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining a control system using the ControlLogix Logix5550 programmable controller.
Full instructions, timelines and ongoing guidance will be given by the course tutor.
By upskilling Maintenance Personnel your company will reduce the Downtime of Plant Machines, providing greater and efficient production output.
After completing this course the participant will be able to:
- Design and Write PLC programs and understand their structures.
- Troubleshoot / Fault find PLC hardware and software issues around Plant machinery using laptops with specific software to integrate these complex systems.
- Involve participants in workshops designed to develop their own applications and advances their existing programming skills and fault-finding skills.
- Increased Level of understanding as to how Automation Systems in general work.
- Identifying Logix5000 System and Software Components.
- Communicating with a Logix5000 system.
- Identifying I/O tags.
- Monitoring and Editing Tag Values.
- Monitoring and Editing basic Ladder Logic.
- Troubleshooting Digital and Analogue I/O Modules.
- Interpreting Ladder instructions.
- Configuring trends, controller properties.
- Using the search and cross-reference functions.
- Forcing I/O and toggling bits.
Desmond Foley is the founder and MD of Focus Engineering. Des has worked in many industries including Pharmaceutical, Power Generation, Oil and Gas, Food and Beverage and Medical Supplies. He has worked in the Automation Industry for more than 30 years.
He has been responsible for activities ranging from design, program development, testing and commissioning of PLC control systems, to the management of automation projects as a Senior Projects/Automation Engineer.
Des has a BSc in Engineering, Dip in EE and Dip in HR.
Safety Shoes – Not required on this course
This programme is a QQI component (minor) award, certified at Level 6 on the national framework of qualifications – see www.nfq.ie and is a mandatory component of major award 6M5154 – Maintenance Skills Technology
What the trainees say:
|” I really benefitted from this course being in person as apposed to virtual as I gained a better understanding from actually using the PLCs”||” This experience was vital for me to understand how PLCs are used and hopefully i can use this to gain employment in the Industry”||” Thanks Des for your enthusiasm and patience in teaching this course”|