The dates scheduled for 2020 are:
12th & 13th November 2020
- Please note that this QQI Level 6 accreditation is not Manufacturer Specific (i.e it is not an Allen Bradley or Siemens certification)and the Award to which it leads to is titled Programmable Logic Controllers
- You will receive a software pack on day 5 of the course.
- This pack contains LOGO 8 Version software coupled with a series of tasks that you must successfully complete and email back to us by a specified date. Full instructions are given in the pack.
- Please note that you need to install the LOGO Version 8 Software from the software pack onto your own laptop.
- This will be the laptop that you will need to bring with you on the 2 accreditation days.
Please Note: LOGO Version 8 software is confirmed to run Windows 7 or 8 operating systems but while not confirmed, may also run on Windows 10.
Safety Shoes –Not Required on this course
Who is the course for
This course is for people who have attended the :
In addition to the 5 day Level 1 PLC programme, (Siemens Simatic S7 – Level 1 or PLCs- Allen Bradley using RSLogix 5000- Level 1 ) or Siemens TIA-1200-1500 PLCs
trainees wishing to avail of accreditation also need to:
1. Complete mini projects they are assigned, as part of a training pack containing PLC software (for loading onto the trainee’s laptop).
2. Return successfully completed mini projects to First Polymer Training for review.
3. Attend a further 2 days which will cover the full assessment required in order to achieve QQI accreditation. The cost of the 2 extra days is included in the original price of €1895.
This programme is a QQI component (minor) award, certified at Level 6 on the national framework of qualifications – seewww.nfq.ie and is an elective component of major award 6M5154– Maintenance Skills Technology
Title of Programme: PLC’s using either Siemens S7’s /Siemens TIA or Allen Bradley Control Logix’s
Award to which it leads: Programmable Logic Controllers