Delivered in partnership with Ultrapolymers Ireland Limited, this course provides an introduction to polymers giving an overview of different polymer types, datasheet interpretation and processing basics (with a focus on injection moulding). It will include a mix of theory and interactive practical sessions to build technical knowledge and confidence in communicating effectively with other technical staff and team members.
It is specifically tailored for individuals in commercial and/or non-technical roles seeking to broaden their understanding of these subjects. It is also suitable for those in technical/design roles who do not have polymer materials or injection moulding experience.
This course is limited to two attendees per company.
- Understand what polymers are & how they are made.
- Appreciate differences between types of polymers and different grades.
- Understand sustainable polymers e.g. post-consumer vs post-industrial, mechanical vs chemical recycled, mass balance vs certified content etc.
- Practical demonstration of injection moulding and thermoforming with some trouble-shooting of common problems
- Read and understand technical data sheet information
- Understand material selection guidelines for different applications
- Demonstration of Ultrapolymers Customer Portal and technical service capabilities
Who is this course for
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of the basics and terminology of polymer materials and processing including:
- Sales & Marketing staff, Sales/Customer Service representatives and Sales Assistants
- Procurement Managers / Buyers / Planners
- HR personnel
- Operations Managers, Engineering Managers & Key account Managers
- Process Development
- Supplier Quality Engineers
- Supply Chain Coordinators
Carl Mendonca is a Business Development and Technical Manager within the Ultrapolymers group. After an early career in the flexible packaging industry with clients across the globe, he joined a polymer producer (Fina Chemicals) in commercial and technical roles working on new polymer & grade development as the company morphed into AtoFina then Total Petrochemicals. Since 2007 Carl has been with Ultrapolymers, in a technical and business development role, helping colleagues and clients across Europe, liaising with polymer producers, end-users and converters to bring new developments to market, trouble-shoot design & processing issues and train personnel.
Ultrapolymers work in partnership with industry-leading suppliers to provide materials for every plastics application. With extensive support in product selection, design, troubleshooting, and process optimisation, we partner with our clients from design to production offering the most advanced, innovative and sustainable materials.
For more, see https://ultrapolymers.com/.