The ability to analyse and control performance is an essential requirement for the effective management of processes that deliver value to customers. Process control involves observation, data collection, tabulation, graphical representation, and both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
This online course aims to give participants a solid grounding in data collection, graphing and basic analysis techniques. Participants will be introduced to the Minitab statistical software application and will learn when and where to use analysis techniques in order to aid decision-making. It will enable participants to develop standards with regards to data collection, analysis, and reporting appropriate for their processes.
The course is run over 6 webinars, each of two hours duration, with a 10min break in the middle. 12 hours in total. It is facilitated using live webinar, case studies, quiz, Q&A and assignments. Participants are required to spend an additional one hour per module on the assignment work. The assignment work is completed between modules.
Follow on courses:
Who is the course for
The course is designed for a broad range of operations, engineering and quality personnel who need to use data collection & analysis methods on a regular basis in the workplace. Prior to participating, participants should have a basic knowledge of statistics. A foundation webinar can be arranged for those who need a grounding in statistics before the course commences.
At the end of the course attendees will:
- Understand data types and the importance of appropriate data collection methods;
- Understand the importance of validating measurement systems;
- Understand how to assess the statistical influence one or more input variables may have on an output variable;
- Understand when and where each statistical tool is best applied, and
- Be able to use Minitab as an everyday tool in support of data analysis and control.
- Participation in live interactive webinars with case studies and Q&A.
- A recording of each webinar for future use by participants.
- Soft copy presentation files, with data sets and case studies, for future use by participants.
- On completion of all 6 modules in the series, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion.
|Content (all webinars are 2 hours long)||Assignment|
|1||Minitab assignment on Excel data set provided – data management & graphing techniques|
|2||Minitab assignment on Excel data set provided – analysing process location and spread|
|3||Minitab assignment on Excel data set provided – the normal distribution & prediction, correlation exercise & residuals analysis|
|4||Minitab assignment on Excel data set provided – SPC and out-of-control analysis|
|5||Minitab assignment on Excel data set provided – SPC and out-of-control analysis, control plan elements|
Bernadette Rushe, BSc Hons (Biochemistry & Maths), Dip SA, CPIM, MSc, ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
Managing Director Lean Ireland
Bernie has been involved in the management of supply chain and business process improvement activities for over 30 years. She received her Lean and Six Sigma training at Dell Computer Corporation. In 2001, she left Dell to establish Cordatus Consulting (now trading as Lean Ireland). She specialises in working with senior management teams to develop a vision of organisation competitiveness and a practical roadmap to deliver that vision. Her consulting skills and practical workshops have yielded benefits in the order of several €millions per annum to client companies.