To be verified
Duration: 2 day course 9.15 am – 5.00 pm each day
Location: 7 Centre Court, Blyry Business and Commercial Park, Athlone
Accreditation: Certificate of attendance
Full Fee: €795 inclusive of course manual, lunch, and refreshments.
The ability to analyse and control variation is an essential requirement in injection moulding. This two-day workshop aims to give participants a solid grounding in data collection, graphing and basic analysis techniques. Participants will be introduced to the statistical software application, Minitab and will learn when and where to use analysis techniques in order to aid decision making. Cordatus consultants are experienced in the training and coaching of personnel, in the injection moulding, medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, in the use of Minitab for the statistical measurement, analysis and control of process problems.
We can deliver a shorter tailored programme at our centre in Athlone for you/ or on-site if you have injection moulding capability there.
- Understand data types and the importance of appropriate data collection methods;
- Understand the importance of validating measurement systems;
- Understand how to assess the statistical influence one or more input variables may have on an output variable;
- Understand short run variable control chart techniques;
- Understand when and where each statistical tool is best applied, and
- Be able to use Minitab (or similar application) as an everyday tool in support of data analysis.
Cordatus will supply 4 – 5 laptops with Minitab preloaded and attendees will work in pairs at each laptop.
Who is the course for
The course is designed for those with a basic working knowledge of statistics, and who need to use data collection & analysis methods on a regular basis in the workplace.
- Data types
- Data collection
- Measurement Systems Analysis – variable data
- Graphing techniques
- Run, Pareto, Histogram, Boxplot
- Descriptive statistics: location & spread & the normal distribution
17.00 Review & Close
- Correlation & simple linear regression
- Correlation & causation
- Multivari analysis
- Statistical Process Control
- variable control charts
- attribute control charts
17.00 Review & Close
Richard Doyle, BEng (Chemical Engineering), GE Certified Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Master
Richard has 20+ years of engineering and operations management experience at a senior level, with organisations such as Seagate and General Electric, in Europe and Asia. He is a GE certified six sigma black belt and is trained as a lean master. As a consultant, Richard adds value in the areas of strategic planning, R&D roadmap development, site level capital management and capital strategy skills, equipment installation, commissioning and production release, and productivity improvement. He facilitates practical workshops on overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), total productive maintenance (TPM) and quick changeover (SMED). He is an experienced and motivational project leader, mentor and trainer.
Safety Shoes – Not Required on this course