To be verified
Location: In Company
Accreditation: Certificate of attendance
Full Fee: €795 . Inclusive of course manual, lunch and refreshments.
This course is tailored to run as an in company course meeting your needs.
Should you wish to learn more about this course please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is the course for
The course introduces the subject of thermoforming technology. The course will be useful to existing or new vacuum forming machine setter operators, plastic product designers, vacuum form tool manufacturers, designer-makers, product engineers (eg, medical production/product development) and those undertaking new plastic product development and prototype manufacture.
• The thermoforming forming process, including clamping, heating, sheet level control, pre-stretch, thermoforming, plug assist, cooling and release.
• Thermoforming mould tool and design, inc: Male and Female moulds, Baseboards and mounting, Mould making materials, Draught angles and tapers, Venting, Shrinkage and mould release, Ejection techniques, Under-cuts, Splits, multi-Impression and plug assist design, Mould Cooling Techniques.
• Practical Session
• Product Design, including Components and applications, wall sections and profiles, webbing and thinning, chill marking, definition, reinforcing, finishing and trimming.
• Troubleshooting, including Blistering, scorching, sticking, poor definition, webbing, warping, chill marking, thinning, tearing, sagging, contamination and static.
• Thermoforming materials, including Material Characteristics, ABS, PMMA, PETG, HIPS, PC, PP, PE and PVC are covered.
• Multi-layer materials and feedstocks, inline processes.
• Practical Session
• Discussion/ Q&A Session
The centre is also equipped with a Formech 300XQ thermoforming machine, which will be used for the practical element of the course
Peter Cracknell has over 40 years experience in the Plastics Industry. Initially he served his time as an injection mould toolmaker (Metal Box), production engineer (Metal Box), senior production engineer (BOC), senior lecturer (LSPT), academic leader in polymer engineering (LSPT), Consulting engineer.
Expertise: Injection moulded part design, mould tool design, plastic materials, processing trouble shooting, experienced lecturer (30 years), BETC assessor for NVQ in Polymer Engineering, expert witness (30 years experience).
Qualifications: HNC Mechanical & Prod Eng, GradPRI – ALSPT First Class hons. C&G Risk Assessment, BTEC NVQ Assessor